With 2017 getting ready to make its grand entrance in a few hours, I am hardly keeping myself together because turning 26 from 25 ain't that easy like it seemed to me.
Well, on a positive note...I managed to get myself some quality time on an early weekend morning to indulge in a retrospection of my deeds, life choices and plans.
Procrastinate no more! Here's my 10 New Year's Resolutions:
1. Be more sociable. Meet new people without having expectations & being judgemental. They will help you to get out of a rut, and you'll surprisingly learn a lot from every single page of 'em. If it turns out bad, you have earned a milestone in the journey. It's the pressure that makes diamonds, aite?
2. Earn more money. You don't only gain money through these side income and freelance jobs but your precious experience too. Contentment is good, but never let it pull your legs and get yourself stuck in the idea of wanting more is being greedy. There are times when I regret not having enough money to buy something my parents would love or need.
3. Be a better daughter and sister. This has never been out of my list and it never will. You can never be a perfect daughter/sister because there's always room for improvements. Especially with these prickly and quick tempered behaviours of mine, the route is seemingly endless.
4. Watch less dramas/tv shows. I rarely find myself being into one, but when I do, I'll get so attached to it. Though they are not calamitous, time wasted on them would have been better spent to make my day more productive. Be selective and find something that you could learn skills or gain knowledge from it. I am currently enjoying Law of The Jungle and it's daebak! 👍🏻
5. Read more. Having said point no 4, this tails closely behind. This time, try to reach out from your usual readings. As for me, I am gonna let myself have a taste of some non-fictionals like politics, psychology, and encyclopedia. I have literally a box of untouched books of the said genres. Bought it from last year's Big Bad Wolf and the seal has been nicely there ever since. *facepalm*
6. Do more supplementary ibadah. Quantity has its way to improve quality and vice versa - at least that's what I believe. Needless to say, this applies to both our vertical and horizontal relationship as they bear no difference in weight for our happiness in the afterlife. The older you get, the harder you'll find to get out of your self-created stagnancy. Hence, leave all noxious excuses behind and get the ball rolling.
7. Lead a healthier life. Staying fit should be one of our priorities as we get older. I am going to avoid consuming greasy and salty food as much as I do going to the hospital. When your body gives signs of waning health, don't overlook them even if they seem insignificant. I've learned from my past mistakes.
8. Owning a property. I have always wanted to buy a good investment property and rent it out to make cash flow. Being financially independent in this crazy-state economy will help to mature my inner self by learning how to deal with people through lease clauses and stuff like that. I have numbers of friends around my age, who started this at an even younger age, and are now enjoying their passive income on monthly basis!
9. Settle down. Like everyone else did.
10. Buying a 2-metre long phone cable. Because I really hate typing this out on a dying-battery phone when I still dont wanna go out of my bed, but the cable frustratingly doesn't reach the plug point just by a split hair.